The quantity and quality of learning programs are directly dependent on the effective, efficient management of allocated funds. It follows that achievement of the district’s purposes can best be achieved through excellent fiscal management.
As trustee of local, state, and federal funds allocated for use in public education, the Committee will fulfill its responsibility to see that these funds are used wisely for achievement of the purposes to which they are allocated.
Because of resource limitations, there is sometimes a temptation to operate so that fiscal concerns overshadow the educational program. Recognizing this, it is essential that the district take specific action to make sure education remains central and that fiscal matters are ancillary and contribute to the educational program. This concept will be incorporated into Committee operations and into all aspects of district management and operation and it is the Committee’s intent to work with the Superintendent and staff to:
- Engage in thorough advance planning, with staff and community involvement, in order to develop budgets and to guide expenditures so as to achieve the greatest educational returns and the greatest contributions to the educational program in relation to dollars expended.
- Establish levels of funding that will provide high quality education for the students.
- Use the best available techniques for budget development and management.
- Provide timely and appropriate information to all staff with fiscal management responsibilities.
- Establish maximum efficiency procedures for accounting, reporting, business, purchasing and delivery, payroll, payment of vendors and contractors, and all other areas of fiscal management.
MSC first vote: 2/5/13
MSC second vote: 2/12/13