The Superintendent will approve or disapprove the hiring and employment of drivers by the district or contractors. The following guidelines apply:
- Drivers are expected to be courteous and careful.
- Each driver must pass a physical arranged by the district and pass drug screening requirements.
- No person under 18 years of age will be allowed to operate school vehicles.
- Only persons who are properly licensed by the state and have completed the requirements of the state driver-training program will be permitted to drive school vehicles.
The Committee places a high priority on the safety and welfare of student riders. Drivers will be held to the highest safety standards. The Superintendent will ensure the following:
- Only personnel qualified, trained, and licensed as prescribed by state and federal regulations will be allowed to operate student transportation.
- Incidents or allegations suggesting that a vehicle operator is operating a vehicle in a reckless or careless manner, or in a manner that threatens the safety of passengers while transporting students will be investigated. Substantiated incidents may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Procedures and rules for the operation of student transportation equipment are developed and followed.
MSC first vote: 8/13/13
MSC second vote: 8/27/13