Information about staff members is required for the daily administration of the district, for implementing salary and other personnel policies, for budget and financial planning, for responding to appropriate inquiries about employees, and for meeting the Committee’s education reporting requirements. To meet these needs, the Superintendent will develop and maintain a comprehensive and efficient system of personnel records maintenance and control under the following guidelines:
- A personnel file for each present and former employee will be accurately maintained in the central administration office. In addition to the application for employment and references, the folders will contain records and information relative to compensation, payroll deductions, evaluations, and any other pertinent information.
- The Superintendent will be the official custodian of personnel files and will have overall responsibility for maintaining and preserving the confidentiality of the files within the provisions of the law.
- Personnel records are considered confidential under the law and will not be open to public inspection. Access to personnel files will be limited to persons
- authorized by the Superintendent to use the files for the reasons cited above.
- Each employee will have the right, upon written request, to review the contents of his/her personnel file.
- Lists of school employees’ names and home addresses will be released only as required by law.
MSC first vote: 10/14/14
MSC second vote: 10/28/14