Horace Mann, Hoover, Lincoln and Winthrop
Introduction: The elementary Physical Education curriculum serves four elementary schools, grades K-5. Certified elementary physical education teachers provide instruction based on a district approved curriculum that includes a sequence of developmentally appropriate activities for all students. Our curriculum is aligned with the Massachusetts Health Frameworks and National Standards.
Shared Goal: The elementary physical education program will strive to develop physically literate individuals. The physically literate individual:
– Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
– Applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
– Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health- enhancing level of physical activity
– Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
– Recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social
Staffing and School Assignments
Patricia Ruggiero [email protected]
Eugene Metto – Hoover/Lincoln [email protected]
William Goodwin – Horace Mann/Roosevelt [email protected]
Tristan Irish – Hoover/Winthrop [email protected]
K-5 classes meet once per week for a 40 minute lesson throughout the school year. Lessons include developmentally appropriate content areas, student activities, evaluation and assessments and other educational tools that are used to accommodate a variety of learning styles.
Scope & Sequence:
Below please find our scope and sequence for grades K-5. Presently, instructors are working to develop understanding by Design Units in all grades which will be posted in the near future.
Scope and Sequence Elementary P.E.