On-line pre-registration will open on Monday, February 1 and close on Sunday, February 14, 2016.
Why pre-register? Pre-registering will expedite your visit during the registration process. All families, whether you have pre-registered or not, must attend a registration session listed below. If you do not have access to a computer to complete the on-line pre-registration, paper packets will be available at the following locations beginning on February 1:
- Our website www.melroseschools.com – click on family, then student registration
- Our Elementary Schools
- The Parent Information Center located at Central Administration
- The Early Childhood Center at the Franklin School
- The Melrose Public Library
All families, whether you have pre-registered or not, must attend a registration session listed below.
- Monday, February 29th, 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School (café), 350 Lynn Fells Pkwy.
- Wednesday, March 2nd, 8:30 a.m. – noon – Parent Information Center (Central Admin.), 360 Lynn Fells Pkwy.
- Thursday, March 3rd, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Parent Information Center (Central Admin.), 360 Lynn Fells Pkwy.
NOTE: Registrations are not processed on a first come basis and priority is not given to those registering on the first night. However, it is important that you attend a registration session on February 29th, March 2nd or March 3rd to be considered “on time”. With this in mind, please attend a registration session that best suits your personal schedule. Registrations received after March 3, 2016 will result in assignments being made on a space available basis.
Requirements for Kindergarten:
- Must be 5 years of age by September 1, 2016.
- Must be a resident of Melrose.
- Parents must attend a registration session to provide documents outlined below.
All families must bring the following documents to a registration session:
- A copy of the On-line Registration Confirmation Page, which is sent to you via email after you have completed the on-line registration process. If you miss the on-line registration period, please print out and complete the Kindergarten Registration Paper Packet . If you completed the online registration you do not need to complete a paper registration packet.
- One original proof of residency from each of the 3 categories listed in the MPS Residency Procedures. These documents must be an original mailed from the bill source, not a fax or printout from an online billing/payment center.
- Home Language Survey (click to print)
- Original birth certificate. (Original document with seal must be presented.) We will make a copy for our file and return the original back to you.
- Current physical exam, including immunizations. (Must be within 12 months of the start of school.)
- Further details can be obtained by calling the Parent Information Center at 781-662-2000 ext. 1.