The Committee accepts responsibility for all facets of school operations that fall within its roles and responsibilities as designated by state law and Committee policy. Because it is accountable to Melrose residents, the Committee will maintain a program of accountability consisting of the following elements:
- Clear statements of expectations and purpose as they relate to operations, programs, departments, and positions as part of its policy and strategic planning.
- Provisions for the staff, resources, and support necessary to achieve stated expectations and purposes in the form of regular budgeting statements and financial assessments.
- Evaluation of operations as well as instructional and staff development programs to determine how well expectations and purposes are being met in the form of receipt and evaluation of reports by the administration.
- Performance targets that enable the Superintendent and Committee to accomplish specific district objectives in the form of district goals.
- Evaluation of the Superintendent in line with stated goals and objectives, with the primary purpose to continuously improve student outcomes and maximize student achievement.
Every effort will be made by the Committee, Superintendent, and staff to fulfill the responsibilities inherent in the concept of accountability.
MSC first vote: 8/27/13
MSC second vote: 9/10/13