All staff members are responsible for familiarizing themselves with and abiding by federal and state laws and regulations as well as Committee policies.
The Committee expects staff members to conduct themselves in a manner that brings credit to the district and is worthy of emulation by students.
Essential to the success of ongoing school operations and the instructional program are the following specific responsibilities required of all staff members:
- Promptness in attendance as well as fidelity to the letter and spirit of attendance as reflected in the collective bargaining agreement.
- Support and enforcement of Committee policies and district procedures, guidelines, and protocols.
- Diligence and timeliness in all areas of reporting.
- Care and protection of school property.
- Concern for and attention to their own and the district’s legal responsibility for the safety and well-being of students.
- Protect, in the most stringent and professional manner, the confidentiality of personal information concerning students, families, and staff.
- Any and all physical contact between a staff member and a student will have a legitimate purpose consistent with the schools’ role as educator and caretaker of minor children.
MSC first vote: 10/14/14
MSC second vote: 10/28/14