To foster relationships with families that encourage the home and school to collaboratively establish and achieve educational goals for students, the Superintendent and professional staff will:
- Consult with families and encourage them to share in school planning, set objectives, and evaluate programs.
2. Help families understand the educational process and their role in supporting its continuous improvement.
3. Help families understand school operations.
4. Provide opportunities for families to be informed about their children’s development and the criteria for its measurement.
To accomplish the above goals and to enhance communications between families and staff members, the Committee encourages the integration of formal parent-teacher organizations at each school and will recognize them as such. The following procedures apply:
1. Organizations will be officially recognized upon request by the building principal who will file a copy of the organizational papers with the Superintendent.
2. A vote, open to all parents of enrolled students, will designate the recognized organization if more than one organization makes such a request.
MSC first vote: 8/27/13
MSC second vote: 9/10/13